Impress your friends and family with this traditional village style curry, a firm favourite of ours!
- 4 Chicken Breasts Diced
- Vegetable Oil
- 4 Cloves Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Coriander
- 400 Grams Fresh Chopped Spinach
- A Handful of Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Diced Onion
- 1 Can of Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Puree
1. Marinate the diced chicken breasts with vegetable oil, ginger, 2 crushed garlic cloves, red chilli powder, salt, turmeric, cumin and coriander and place in the fridge. The longer you leave the chicken to marinate the more the spices will saturate the chicken, marinate for a minimum of 30 mins.
2. Steam cook the marinated chicken for around 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
3. Drain the water and in a separate pan add 30ml of vegetable oil, the spinach, mushrooms, onions, the other 2 crushed garlic cloves, tinned tomatoes and tomato puree add more red chilli powder if you would like it hot and some salt to taste.
4. Add the chicken once the vegetables are cooked and bind together by adding 60ML of single cream.
5. Serve with Naan, Chapati or Rice and enjoy!